Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rising Musician Breanna Lynn

Rising Musician Breanna Lynn
By: David Mills


Illinois - Our latest Musician Spotlight is on a  very talent Singer/Songwriter from Illinois. This Singer/Songwriter is on the talented Breanna Lynn. In this MS, you will learn more about the great Singer/Songwriter.

Rising artist Breanna Lynn is a rare find in the pop music scene of today. As a seemingly typical teen from a small town in Illinois, Breanna Lynn’s natural musical ability gives her an extraordinary quality that defines her as an artist and makes her much more than your average teenager. With an increasing amount of buzz developing for her music, Breanna Lynn will release her highly anticipated, self-titled full-length album, exclusively with iTunes on March 18th, 2012. Filled with passion for sharing her musical talents, Breanna Lynn was born to be a star.

For the new album, Breanna Lynn teamed with highly credited producers like Ken Caillat (Colbie Caillat, Fleetwood Mac), Keith Follese (Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Randy Travis), and artist Jamie O’Neil. Breanna Lynn was credited and featured in ’Dorothy of OZ’, directed by Will Finn and Dan St. Pierre, scheduled to be release August 3rd, 2012 via Summertime Entertainment.

’I’m so excited to have had the amazing opportunity to work with some incredible producers on this album. They've helped bring my art to life,’ states Breanna. ’The album contains seven of my favorite songs that I’ve written along with three original songs that I wrote with Jamie O’Neal, Keith and Adrienne Follese, and Jim Cooper and Tommy Collier. I have my own style in writing music, but have been inspired by Demi Lovato, Stevie Nicks and Christina Perri. I’m hoping this album can give hope to those who have forgotten how to love themselves. I hope people can connect to this album as much as I can.’

A gifted singer and guitar virtuoso, Breanna Lynn picked up her first guitar at the age of nine and began writing her musical autobiography in songs by the time she was just 12 years old, yet her interest in music stems from a younger age. As a young child, Breanna Lynn practiced singing notes with her aunt, a world-renowned opera singer. Her love of music and performance grew with each year, and in 3rd grade when she was chosen over every other student, including high school students, to be the lead vocalist of her school’s band, Breanna Lynn knew that music was something special to her.

Growing up in the Midwest wasn’t always easy for this talented teen, but Breanna Lynn held on tightly to her faith in God. Her interest in music and poetry made her an outcast at school, and she often was bullied for her unique devotion to creative expression. While her peers were quick to judge her for being different, Breanna Lynn turned to music and began to pour her heart into her very own songs. As music took on an even greater meaning in Breanna Lynn’s life, she made a promise to herself to never let anyone make her feel like she didn’t belong. That promise proved to be the pivotal moment that ignited Breanna Lynn’s career, and the young talent has been devoted to speaking out against anti-bullying ever since. Even as a teen, the fiercely independent Breanna Lynn is on a mission to inspire young girls around the world to never give up hope and be who you are.

’They’re not worth pretending for,’ states Breanna Lynn. ’You are so beautiful the way you are, it’d be a shame if you let them change that.’

Breanna Lynn’s youth brings a charming energy to her original melodies, which carry Breanna Lynn’s refreshing lyrical honesty. It is this rarely found unique talent that has allowed Breanna Lynn coveted opportunities to work with some of the most well-respected and well-known names in music. Armed with this mission to inspire and provoke through her music and an unquestionable talent, Breanna Lynn’s exciting journey as a musician has only just begun.

Please check out this website to learn about the horrible growing bullying trend:
http://www.pacerteensagainstbullying.org/#/home

For more information on Breanna Lynn, please visit these websites:
www.breannalynnmusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/BreannaLynnMusic
http://www.youtube.com/breannalynnmusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/BreannaLynnMusic/videos?query=epk

Answers from questions we were able to ask Breanna are below.

Breanna, when did you start singing? I've been singing since I could talk honestly! My Aunt was a very successful opera singer in Europe so I would always emulate her, singing around the house until someone told me to cut it out. Then I'd start again 2 minutes later. So I've had a love for singing since a very young age.

Was it your dream to be a singer? Not really! I mean, I think my main thing was acting for a while. When I was about 11, my ideal situation was to take the place of Hannah Montana so I could sing and act! But then after being in LA for a while, it really opened my eyes to what I truly loved to do, and that was singing and songwriting.

Do your parents support you? Oh my gosh yes. They are my biggest fans. I could have NEVER done what I am doing now without the incredible support of my parents. I mean they moved to LA for me to pursue my dream! You don't see that very often! I am SO blessed to have them.

Do you write your own songs? Yes I do! I wrote 5 of the songs on my album independently, 2 others were changed just a little bit from my original lyrics, and the rest I cowrote. I only like performing songs that I have a part in the writing. It allows me to be more emotionally connected to the songs. As of now, I've written more then 100 songs!

Tell us what goes into writing a great song? There is honestly no formula to a great song, at least from my perspective! As long as it has a great message, a great hook, and it's something you love performing, then there is no reason it can't be a hit!

Where was your first performance, were you excited? Well I've been performing for a while, but the first performance where I did my own songs in LA was at Genghis Cohen. I was SO nervous because I was performing by myself, just me and my guitar. But when I got on stage and saw all of those friendly faces in the audience, I knew that the stage was where I belonged.

Where have you been able to  perform? I've performed at a bunch of different places, from Genghis Cohen to most recently, the Canyon Club opening for Everlast! I've had some amazing experiences in the many different stages I've been able to play on.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting? I think my main inspirations are Stevie Nicks because of her incredible songwriting talent, writing songs that are so emotionally deep. Adele, for her beautiful voice and INCREDIBLE writing ability. And of course, Taylor Swift, because she is the overall package, her charm or voice and songwriting ability is definitely something that I want to live up to.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? It's so funny you asked that, because I have ALWAYS said that I want to perform at the Staples Center. Always. I don't even know why, but to me, once you have a sold out show at the Staples Center, you know you've made it. I can't wait to perform there someday!

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with? Oh that's a hard one! I want to do duets with so many people! I think Stevie Nicks is the main one. She is my musical idol and it would be such an honor to play with her. ALSO John Mayer! Now THAT would be awesome.

What are some of your goals for your Music? My goal is to share my music with the world, and for it to help people. My whole purpose for writing and performing is for my fans. I want my songs to inspire them and give them hope for a better tomorrow. So basically my goal, though it sounds lofty, is to help change the world.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting? Same things as I said previously, I want my songwriting to help people. I want them to find comfort and safety in my songs and know that they are not alone in whatever they're going through.

Breanna, do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting? I think the main thing is to believe in yourself. There will be hundreds of people telling you that you can't do it, that it's impossible, that you will never be able to make it. But I can tell you right now that that is a lie. If music is something that you love, then never, ever give up. Keep performing, keep writing, keep practicing, and if it's meant to happen, then you will not be disappointed.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you? I want my readers and fans to know that I am there for them. I am not only an artist, I want to be like a friend to people who listen to my music. I want my music to relate to people in ways that other music hasn't before. I want to be able to help them and inspire them and learn from them. Basically I want them to know that this is all for them.

Breanna's Future Performances: 
The Mint on July 9th at 8:45 pm. Old Country Harvest Festival, June 8th at 8pm. The Toluca Lake Club June 26th at 7pm. Breanna continually updates her website with new performances that she will be doing, so if you want any more dates, just go to this link - http://breannalynnmusic.com/category/news/.

Breanna Lynn is a Singer/Songwriter to watch as she has a very bright future. We want to share some of her singing for you all to get a real taste of her great singing voice.

Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Breanna Lynn as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment