Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Rising Singer Hannah Jones

Nashville, Tennessee - Our latest Musician Spotlight is on a great 13 year old from Nashville, who is pursuing a singing career. For example she has covered songs like "Who Says", "One and Only", "Rolling In The Deep". The singer we are talking about is Hannah Jones from Tennessee.

Hannah is a 13 years old singer born and raised in Nashville, TN. She loves gymnastics and music. Jones is working on writing some of her own material, she also likes to cover great artists like Adele. She likes to arrange the songs a little different so its not exactly like the original.


Hannah has always wanted to sing because she thinks music brings people to together. Music is a passion of hers, she hopes you enjoy her music.



Hannah, when did you start singing?
I started singing last April when I hurt myself in gymnastics.  My dad and I were sitting around playing around with the guitar and I was singing.  We thought it would be fun to try and sing in a professional studio so we submitted a demo song to a local college that traded studio time for artists to come in and sing.  The students do the recording but they are supervised by a studio engineer.  Its was really a good way to record music if you are an artist that is on a budget. 

Was it your dream to be a singer?
Well my dream is to go to the Olympics.  The singing, we kinda just fell into by accident.  I'm still just getting used to singing.  I have learned alot just from being around it.   


Does your parents support you?
No.. they hate my music.. ha just kidding.. yes my dad used to play music when he was growing up.  He kinda like manages me and some other artist.   
Do you write your own songs? 
I have tried, working on learning how.  I like to write stories and I have started some writing but I am working with some writers to learn how to.


If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
I think like every song writers write are from experience. I'm pretty sheltered because I am homeschooled, so still working on the experience part. 

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
If excited is equal to terrified then yes i was terrified.. ha i mean excited.  I think the hardest part for me is speaking to the audience. I just did a show in Huntsville AL at the coffee tree and it was a round with some other artists and it was fun because they helped me to relax.  Once I got in to the show it got more comfortable. 

Where have you been able to  perform?
 I am performing at the Rutledge Aug 5 at 6:00pm we will be doing an acoustic set like at the Coffee Tree.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
I love Adele of course I cover alot of her music.  I like christian artist like Britt Nicole.  Some people say I sound like a young Amy Winehouse not sure I don't really follow her music.  




If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I love Australia alot of the Youtubers go to China to perform.  I have got asked to go there. I have alot of fans in Canada so that would be fun.


Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
I like carrie underwood and miranda lambert.  Taylor Swift,  I have some youtube people like boyce avenue and megan and liz.  I did a video collab with Tiffany Alvord she was really nice.  She is like my big sister.
I enjoy performing with some of the other artists managed by my dad.  MaryJustice Lucas and Matt Morrow. 

What are some of your goals for your Music?
I just would like to get better.  We feel into it quite by accident so I don't try to expect anything. I just want to make the best music I can and if I do that the success will come.


What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
Well I would like to write happy songs.  I think there are enough song writers writing depressing songs. I would love to write positive songs because I try to inspire my fans to be positive.  I get alot of emails from fans talking about their boyfriends and bad breakups.  


Hannah, do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Well I am just stating myself but from my experience is that be prepared for the work.  Singing as a career if you perform professionally is alot of work.  If you are not performing you are answering emails and tweets 
You have to as an artist connect with your fans.  Those are the people that buy your merchandise and your itunes downloads. Respect your fans without them you will not make it in this business and they take the time to email and tweet about you so the least you can do is take some time to talk to them.  You can't possibly  answer everyone but you should try to answer as many as you can.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
Well Its so strange that people actually treat me like a star or someone famous.  I really don't think that way. I appreciate all the nice comments, I am far from being a star or being famous but I do appreciate all the nice comments.


Just Hannah's sites:
Facebook:
http://on.fb.me/v2Zdfq
Twitter:
http://bit.ly/vkutYK
Tumblr:
http://bit.ly/vBrfpj
Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JustHannahNashville?feature=watch
Reverbnation:
http://bit.ly/u8KJGV
E-mail: hannah@justhannahnashville.com
Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Hannah Jones as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article thank you for taking the time to make it. Just Hannah

    ReplyDelete