Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jerri Finch Artist of the Month


Jerri Finch Artist of the Month at Camden Public Library; Opening Reception October 2

Finch Balances Reality and Abstraction

There will be an opening reception for painter Jerri Finch’s new exhibition, “Balance,” on Tuesday, October 2, 6:30 to 8:00 pm at the Camden Public Library. The exhibit of oil paintings, landscapes both real and imagined, will be on display in the Picker Room at the library throughout October.

“Balance” manifests Finch’s latest explorations in color and harmony, tension and release, and will also be the subject of an illustrated talk at the reception. Finch, who resides in Belfast, is known for creating intensely saturated oil paintings and graphic imagery celebrating both the natural and inner worlds. “When painting, I am a juggler constantly seeking a balance between the intellect and the spirit,” says Finch.

“The first half of my life as an artist was filled with multiple-piece corporate commissions and full-time sales of my art work. After decades spent creating intricate and technically demanding airbrushed fabric paintings, large in both size and scope, my second half finds me delving deep into oils.

“I am now relishing working privately and small. My pieces were typically 5×12 but they now range between 8×10 and 30×40.” The further exploration of light and color and the relationship between my brush and the canvas is a constant and fascinating pursuit. I strive for balance in my composition, in my color relationships. I aim for the right amount of harmony and tension. I see just how much discord I can get away with. It’s a conscious choice.

“In honor of my 60th birthday this summer, at the opening reception on October 2 I will be showing a retrospective slide show of my work. I have been blessed with a life filled with growth and positive change. I look forward to the opportunity of sharing this progression with you.”





No comments:

Post a Comment