Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Rising Actress/Singer Lyra Jazmine


Rising Actress/Singer Lyra Jazmine
Editor: David Mills



LOS ANGELES - Sixteen-year-old Lyra Jazmine is a multi-talented kid. Who loves entertaining other people by doing what she loves, which are acting, singing, dancing, songwriting, directing, and also story-writing. At a very young age of 4 she started dreaming about being an actress, being seen on television and on films. After a couple of years dreaming, she later joined a musical play called "A Little Song Of Christmas" after the play, she didn't stop thinking about being an actress. But not only she discovered her love for acting at the age of 6 because at the same age she started taking vocal training and piano lessons, which made her realize that she also loves making music. She then took guitar lessons and studied how to play the bell lyre at the same time, but she's not yet satisfied with only knowing 3 instruments to play. She also taught herself how to play the drums and the bass guitar and she also took lessons on double bass. As of now, Lyra Jazmine is pursuing her dreams to entertain more people and to become an actor.

Join Lyra on her adventure to success.


PROJECTS:

-She was in a play called "A Little Song Of Christmas" and have been in many school plays
-She was the cover of her school's magazine (k-12 to college)
-She was featured in a noon time show in the Philippines called "ASAP XV-All Access"
-She was the cover of an online magazine called "Upcoming Teen Idol"
-She was featured in Juan Velez's music video called "Tu Espacio Vacio"
-She's in a Disneyland: "Star Tours 3D" commercial
-She's in a Mercedes Benz commercial airing in Germany
-She's in a horror short film called "Bunnyman 2"
-She's in a music video of Brooklyn Haley's "Crash"
-She's the lead in a play called "Goodbye Marianne"




Lyra, when did you start acting and singing?
I started acting professionally when I was 6 when I was a part of a musical play but I started copying actors and actresses on TV and movies when I was 4. I started singing when I was around five and started taking vocal training when I was 6 years old.

Was it your dream to be an up and coming actress/singer?
It's always been a dream of mine to be an actress but singing just showed up on my door and I let them in! Should never turn away any talent.

Does your parents support you?
Definitely! My parents, sister and my friends are always there to show their support and love and pushes me to be better on what I do.

Do you write your own songs?
Yes, I do write my own songs.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
Sometimes, lyrics just pops out of my head randomly that's why I always have my phone or paper with me to write it down. But sometimes, I lock myself in my room and have my guitar with me, play few notes and concentrate on what I want to write or what I feel. Writing a song is hard work and a long process but as long as your heart and mind is in it, its always rewarding.

Where was your first acting job, were you excited?
My first acting job was on January 2011 in downtown LA, it was early in the morning and it was freezing and I was filming a music video. We were on the sidewalk and the cars were honking and waving at us so I thought it was funny. I was really excited to book my first acting job and to think that it was a music video made it more exciting!

Where have you been able to show your acting skills?
Since I was in elementary, I have been joining school plays and performances even until now that I'm in high school, a couple of weeks ago I was the lead of a World War II play in our school called "Goodbye Marianne" the play opened my eyes and gave me more understanding about what happened in Germany during WWII.

Who inspires you with your career?
My family definitely inspires me with my career and also Anne Hathaway who is my favorite actress.

If you could act on any show, what would it be and why?
I would love to be in ABC Family's "Switched At Birth", the show is very unique and heart warming. The show revolves around two teenage daughters that was switched at birth, hence the title and one of them is deaf while the other girl speaks and can hear normally. I was already learning sign language before the show but when I watched the show, it made me more eager to learn a new language through my hands.

Along the same line, who would you love to star with in a TV Show or Movie?
I have a long list of who I want to work with in the future, Anne Hathaway is top of the list with Emma Roberts, Rachel McAdams, Mila Kunis, Diana Agron and so much more!

What are some of your goals for your career?
My goals for my career is to be the best actress I can be, have my own TV show or star in a movie. As a singer, is to write more songs and release more songs!

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting/singing career?
What I hope to accomplish is to simply make my family proud of me and have my fans enjoy everything I do for them

Lyra, do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting and singing/songwriting?
NEVER GIVE UP, those three words has been used too many times but that's how it is. If you love what you do and want to succeed in life with it, giving up is never an option for them. Of course, take classes and research to learn more about it.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about yourself?
I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart, everyone who supported and never gave up on me. And also to the ones who told me that I can't do it, they simply motivated me to show them that I can be who ever I want to be.
My family for always being there and also to my best friend.

We have a feeling that Lyra will have a very successful career ahead of her and wish her all the best.

Lyra's Sites:


www.LyraJazmine.co.nr
www.Facebook.com/ActressLyraJazmine
www.Twitter.com/LyraJazmine

No comments:

Post a Comment