Editor: David Mills
South Orange County, California - Our latest Musician Spotlight is on a rising Singer/Actress from California. This rising Singer/Actress is 13 year old Shelby Black. In this MS you will learn more about Shelby.
Was it your dream to be a singer? Yes, my dream was always to be a singer and actress.
Does your parents support you? Yes, my parents support me all the way!
Do you write your own songs? I have written over 150 songs that I am currently in the process of recording.
If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song? Just like my music role model, Taylor Swift, anything that happens in my life, I write about it. It's something I can turn to and just get my emotions out. If it's a happy moment I never want to forget, I write a song. If there's an emotional part of me that I just need to get out, a song is always just waiting to be made.
Where have you been able to perform? I have been able to perform at multiple conservatory shows,musical theatre performaces, and been invited to perform at weddings. I also competed at a singing competition called "RSM Idol." My singing teacher Melanie Andrews (multi-platinum song-writer and vocal arranger) says, "Shelby just has this passion for singing and a beautiful commercial voice - which a person can't have unless you have that passion for singing."
Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting? Taylor Swift by far inspires me for my song-writing! She knows how to make a song touch people and let them relate. Carrie Underwood and Beyonce have this awesome powerful voice that sounds like it isn't hard at all, so they are my singing role models.
If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would love to sing at the LA Staples Center while being on tour. Touring just seems like one of the most magical ,happy moments a singer could ever have!
Along the same line, who would you love to perform with? I would love to sing with Taylor Swift! She has an energy and sounds so happy when she sings!
What are some of your goals for your Music? My goals are to perfect my craft and to go on tour when I'm older, where the audience is singing my songs. I really want multi-platinum selling albums and to be a name everyone knows. I want to be able to glorify God by doing what I love and using the skills he has given me. I want this dream to come true more than anything I can imagine.
What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting? I really hope to make songs everyone can relate to. Where people can have a horrible day and they can listen to a song of mine and it'll make them feel better.
Shelby, do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting? People are always going to be there trying to push you down, saying "You'll never make it," or making fun of you for following your dream. What I have learned is, there is going to be a moment when you have to realize, "This is what I love doing. People can think what they want to, but this is my dream and I am going to achieve it no matter what."
Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting, acting, modeling? I am seeking for an acting agent in LA and hope to reach my career goal as an actress and singer.
If you want to see more of Shelby, her links are:
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9zdA_jA8wmz7OV2SOO3H3A/feed (She uploads a new video every week)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/shelblack
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shelby-Black/190444097736121
Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Shelby Black as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.


No comments:
Post a Comment