Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Savannah Lynne Rising Singer/ Songwriter

In Southern California there is an amazing young Singer/Songwriter whose strong voice caught our attention. This Singer/Songwriter is Savannah Lynne who was born at thee end of the 1990s. Miss. Lynne voice strong and mature for such a young girl.


Savannah Lynne was born in Southern California at the tail end of the 90's. Immediately following 9/11, Savannah Lynne and her family (even her horse”Titan”) moved to the beautiful islands of Hawaii and planned on living there forever until fate intervened. While singing out loud to herself in a grocery store, she caught the ear of a well-known music producer who heard something special. In 2007, Savannah and her family moved out to Los Angeles, CA to help her follow her dream. Writing and singing her own music, Savannah found a way to channel her passion, creativity, and love of music and share it with the world. Teaching herself how to play the guitar at age 11, Savannah Lynne co-wrote her first ten songs that carry a positive, uplifting message written from a child's point of view while still being able to connect with the adults in the room.

Savannah Lynne is a humble sweet girl who never lost her Aloha spirit (even though she moved from the tropical jungle to the urban jungle. She works hard at both her education and her music. Always wanting to learn more she has pushed herself tremendously. She receives straight A’s every year while she focuses on her singing, dancing, and guitar.


But wait there’s more… Savannah Lynne is much more than a singer/songwriter. She has a strong creative mind and is always putting her artistic talents to work. Every bracelet that she wears on stage and in her photos, was designed and made by hand. She also designs and makes all of her guitar straps and has designed over 100 pieces.

2011/12 – Savannah has consistently held the number one ranking for the Reverbnation “Country” Genre in the Los Angeles area.

2011 Savannah Lynne was invited to perform at a centennial charity event with over 2000 people in attendance.

2011 – Savannah Lynne was invited to perform at various top venues. Venues including the world famous Whisky A-Go-Go, multiple times.

2011 - First place winner of the EyeRocksRadio singer/songwriter contest. Winning first place for her genre for her original song “Not A Fan”.

2011 – First place winner for the Raterbug.com Whitney Houston collaboration contest.

2011 – One of the top finishers in the Youtube Grammy Cover Song Contest (Out of hundreds of contestants ) for her cover of “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry - @Raterbug.com

2011 - Savannah Lynne filmed her first music video for her original song “I Save the Slow Dance for my Daddy”. It reached close to 150,000 hits on Youtube in less than 12 months.

2010 – Savannah Lynne’s original song “Sticks and Stones” was chosen to be in the Award Winning Independent Film “Pretty”

Upcoming Gigs:
Every Tuesday - Cookin' With Lenny - Chatsworth, CA - 7pm
Every Tuesday - The Rack - Woodland Hills, CA - 9pm
The Rack - Woodland Hills, December 8th - 7pm Raising money for The Make a Wish Foundation

We here at Rocky Coast News had the chance to interview this young Singer/Songwriter Savannah from Southern California.


When did you start singing?
I learned my first song at age 2.  Performing at age 5 and recording at age 10.

Was it your dream to be a singer?
I always knew I would be a singer.  I can blame my mom for that.  At age 2 my mom would say "again" with a giggle every time I finished singing.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I only sing "Country" professionally but I love all sorts of styles.  Some of my originals have a beautiful Hawaiian sound added to the country melody.  It makes a great blend.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career?
I think there will always be challenges.  That's what makes it fun.  The biggest challenge is getting through the door since I am so young.  Once I am through the door they don't want me to leave and I'm always invited back.  I can WOW anyone if given the chance.

Does your parents and friends support you?
My parents are my biggest fans.  They believe in me so much that they are picking up and moving their company and our family to Nashville.

Do you write your own songs?
I started writing my own songs at age 10.  I started with lyrics only but now I think I enjoy writing the melody even more.  I also get songs written for me by other talented songwriters around the world.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
Passion, Patience, and repeat...

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
My first performance that I can remember was at Montessori School on Maui at age 5 singing in Hawaiian. I was so nervous.  I just kept staring at the man playing the guitar next to me instead of the audience.

Where have you been able to perform?
I have performed at small venues where only my parents showed up to large venues with 20,000 people.  I was lucky to be invited to perform at the world famous Whisky A Go Go in Hollywood multiple times as well as the Make a Wish Foundation and many more amazing venues

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
I look up to so many artists.  I truly respect every artist in different ways.  Some that come to mind right now are:  Taylor Swift - for her lyrics and accomplishments. Carrie, Reba, Faith, Martina and so many more for their beautiful voices and talent

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Grand Ol Opry.  I will one day.  But for now I have no problem putting in the hard work and working my way up.

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with?
Oh boy, this one is hard.  I have opened for so many wonderful bands but I have always wanted to do a duet with Brad Paisley.  Brad? Are you reading this.  You and me - DUET...  Well a girl can dream can't she?

What are some of your goals for your Music?
Move to Nashville, tour with the best of them.  I'm not asking for much, right?

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope to be on stage/touring 50 years from now.

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
The word "NO" is "YES" to another question.  Don't take no for an answer - find another way...

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting?
I grew up in Hawaii. I have 2 Geckos named Mango and Papaya.  Mango sits on my guitar every day while I practice.  I make my own bracelets that you see in all of my photos as well as all of my guitar straps. My latest single called "In Disarray" was released in September 2012 and within the first 3 weeks it was playing on radio stations in many different countries.

Savannah is an amazing young Singer/Songwriter following her dreams of a Music career. You can check out Savannah by going to one of the following sites.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Savannahlynnenow?fref=ts
Official Website: http://www.savannahlynne.com
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/savannahlynnenow
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MySavannahLynne
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/savannahlynnenow

Rocky Coast News supports Savannah in her pursuit of a Music career as she is a great young Musician.

Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Savannah Lynne as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment