Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

EMCC coaches Jamie Leavitt and Eric MacDonald recognized as Coaches of the Year in Yankee Small College Conference.

Bangor, Maine - Golf Coach Jamie Leavitt and Men’s Soccer coach Eric MacDonald have built
competitive teams over this past season and saw success both on and off the field with their student athletes. Sportsmanship was key to each coach’s strategy.


Coach MacDonald stated “I always tell my guys I want to win, but I want to do it the right way. Let’s go out and give it your all without losing respect for the game and the other players on the field.”


Coach Leavitt has not only taken home the Coach of the Year honor but his 10-person team was awarded the Golf Sportsmanship award for the second year in a row.  Leavitt agreed with his fellow Coach of the Year “I stress to my players to do the best that they can do individually, respect others, and enjoy the moment.” YSCC peers selected EMCC for demonstrating a positive attitude on the course.


EMCC Athletics will celebrate the closing of the Fall Golden Eagles season at a banquet on November 7th on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment