Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Musician Spotlight: Rising Singer Meghan Ritmiller

Musician Spotlight: Rising SingerMeghan Ritmiller
Editor: David Mills

Southern Florida - Our latest "Musician Spotlight" is on very talented 15 year old Meghan Ritmiller, a Singer. We want to highlight Meghan to all our readers as she is a very talented Singer. In this "Musician Spotlight" we will tell you all who Meghan is, future appearances, some photos, questions we were able to ask her and more.

Meghan Ritmiller is a 15 year old singer from Wellington Florida with a unique, rich, soulful voice.  She is a freshman and honor student in high school and besides pursuing her music career she is in the top 5% of her class.

She is a native of Pittsburgh, PA where she grew up singing and dancing.  She fell in love with being on the stage at age 3 and sang her first vocal solo at age 5.

Meghan's primary musical genre is pop but she also loves to sing country and R&B.

Our family moved to Florida 3 1/2 years ago just as Meghan was turning 12 and that is when she started to seriously pursue her dreams of singing and perfoming.  Since then she has recorded a demo CD and performs all around South Florida at local venues, festivals, fairs, sporting events, private parties, as well as numerous charity events.  One of the charities she is actively involved with is Tunes-for-Tots.   Tunes-for-Tots is a group of young artists who perform to raise money for children's charities.  They are currently raising money for the Make a Wish Foundation.

Meghan holds the #1 spot on the local reverbnation pop charts where she receives interest, support and encouragement from musicians from all over the world.  The link to her page is:  http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/control_room/1011123#!/meghanritmiller

Meghan is actively pursuing her music career and is thrilled to be working with top people in the industry.  She is currently in the recording studio working with D&D Brother Records on her new single (they also work closely with artists like Jose Feliciano).  The release date will be announced soon which will take her career to the next level.  Her complete album will be debuting throughout 2012.
Meghan is going to have so many amazing opportunities opening up to her because of what she is doing now so you will be hearing much more about her in the coming months!!


Meghan Ritmiller has some amazing songs that she sings. Some songs are, "Jars of Hearts", "Good Girl Gone Bad", "Breathe", "Glitter In The Air", "I Don't Believe", "Gunpowder and Lead", "Love Story", "This Moment", "Tell Me" and "U R The 1". We can't wait to see where Meghan's career takes her.

We want to share with you all question we were able to ask Meghan on her Singing career.


How old were you when you started singing?
"I sang in public for the first time at age 5 for a church play.  I was very shy when I was young but my mom has always told me that I never had a problem being on stage.  When I was 12 I performed in a Teen Cabaret show as a solo artist and have been performing ever since!"

Was it your dream to become a singer?
"Oh yes!"  When I was little I had this stage with a toy microphone and curtain that actually opened.  I used to dress up (I also loved dress up clothes) and would put on little shows.  When I was a little older I got my own karaoke machine and would sing all the time."

Do you write your own songs?
"I have written lyrics and played around with some melodies but the original songs I am recording now were written for me by my producer.  We spent alot of time talking through my life and experiences so the songs are very relevant to what kids my age are going through.  I am really excited and proud of the work I have been doing."

Where was your first live performance?
"I guess I answered this in the first question.......but my first show (when I was a older) was in Boca Raton which was called Teen Cabaret."

Were you nervous doing your first performance?
"I guess at the time I was but I usually don't get nervous when I perform.  Although I do get a little nervous when I sing the National Anthem because there is such complete silence and all eyes and ears are on you."

Explain your style of music and songwriting?
"My main style is pop, which is what my new music is.  I love the styling and beat of the songs."

What do you hope to accomplish with your music?
"Well of course I want to get signed to a record label and from there I know I can do anything.  Right now I perform for alot of charity events and I really love that.  I love being able to help people and can use my music to do that."

What advice would you give someone wanting to become a musician?
"Believe in yourself and never give up!  I know that I am only 15 and I am still working towards my goals but it really does take alot of work.  I practice and rehearse every day and there are sacrifices like sometimes not being able to hang out with my friends but it's worth it.  I am so fortunate to be surrounded my a great team and family who supports me completely.  Without that I wouldn't be able to do what I am doing.  My consultant and engineer recently gave me a plaque that says 'DREAM....big dreams. BELIEVE all things are possible'.  I think that pretty much says it all!"

Future appearances for Meghan:

March 17...........Meghan will be singing with the band PWL at Downtown at the Gardens in West Palm Beach, Florida for a special St. Patrick's Day celebration.
March 24...........Meghan is the featured performer for a charity event and walk for Diabetes sponsered by Walgreens.
March 30..........Meghan will be singing for a charity event called St. Baldricks to help raise money for cancer research.

You can find Meghan by going to the following sites to learn or listen to her music.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Meghan-Ritmiller/173101436037269
ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/meghanritmiller
Official Website: http://www.meghanritmiller.com/

We are really excited to see where Meghan's career takes her as she has such a great voice and passion. Our next "Musician Spotlight" will feature McKenzie Comer on Monday, the 19th of March.


Rocky Coast News is pleased to have Meghan Ritmiller as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment