Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Acts & Judges Dish on The Finale & More

THE X FACTOR judges and Top 3 finalists - Carly Rose SonenclarFifth Harmony, and Tate Stevens - met the press Monday afternoon to talk about the upcoming big day and the future of the show.

The biggest news to come out of it was the revelation of the duet partners for Wednesday's show. We have Demi Lovato and Fifth Harmony, country singer Leann Rimes with Carly, and country band Little Big Town teamed with Tate.

"It's kind of irritating to say that the person we decided to duet with was Demi Lovato," joked
Simon Cowell. "I can now judge YOU now! I can't wait." The girls can't wait either. "There's been a lot of screaming about this one," revealed Simon. "We almost cried," said Camila. Almost? "In the crying competition so far, Ally [wins]. We now call her Rudolph because when she cries her nose goes red," said Simon.

As for Carly and Tate, they're also stoked to duet with their duet partners. "I'm very excited about that. I think that she's amazing and her voice is really, really special," said Carly. "It's going to be exciting. It'll be a bonfire," laughed Tate.

Though we can't spill the whole lowdown for Wednesday's big show, Carly did tease that they are performing multiple songs...like more than two each! "I'm real excited. Just making it to the Finals is like I can't even believe I just said that. There are a lot of songs you have to sing, so it's a different experience. I think we have strong choices," said Carly.

Fifth Harmony is still reeling from the shock that they survived a tough Semi-Finals to make to the Finals. "This is such a blessing and honor to be here we never thought we could make it this far. It's absolutely incredible," said Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke.

Tate, meanwhile, isn't taking his No. 1 position for granted. "It's so surreal and so humbling to be siting up here with these people. You look down the table and Fifth Harmony is there and they're really, really talented girls. And of course Carly is really talented. For me, honestly it's hard to put into words. It's very cool and I know that probably doesn't say anything but it's the best I could come up with right now," he said.

Finale and our Top 3 aside, some Season 3 business was discussed as well, most notably the departure of L.A. Reid from the judges' table. "I'm gonna miss L.A.," said Demi. "I'm gonna miss L.A., too," added Britney. "On a personal level, I'm gonna miss L.A. and on a business level, I'm gonna miss him. He's a brilliant record maker," added Simon.

But, that's about all of Season 3 talk for now. Why? Simon said he's going on "a very long holiday in the Caribbean" and will think about work after the new year!

Tune into the Season 2 finale on WED DEC 19 and THU DEC 20 at 8/7c on FOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment