Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Free Money Management Class Starts May 1

Camden, Maine - Do you need to review your financial life and get a fresh start? Starting Wednesday, May 1, New Ventures Maine in partnership with the Camden Public Library will offer My Money Works, a free four-week class to help you gain the skills and confidence to stretch your money, pay your bills, reduce your debt, find money for savings, plan for retirement, and set personal financial goals.

The class will be held at the Camden Public Library, Main St. in Camden, on Wednesdays from 12-3 PM, meeting for four sessions from May 1- 22.

Pre-registration is required, and there is no fee for the training. For more information or to register, contact Melinda Wildes at New Ventures Maine at 593-7942, email melinda.wildes@maine.edu, or register online at newventuresmaine.org.

My Money Works is open to individuals and couples of all ages and incomes. Anyone who is interested in gaining greater control over their money is welcome. 

Melinda Wildes, trainer for the class, says, “This course helps you take control over your money, instead of your money controlling you. Whether you are trying to make ends meet today or planning for your long-term goals, you will leave this class with a plan to achieve greater financial stability.”

Participants in previous classes say about My Money Works:
I learned about managing debt, making financial goals and plans, investing, and how to check my credit report.
This will help me clean my financial house and make better choices on spending specifically.
I keep track of where my money goes and focus on putting more in the bank and investing it.
This class was worth its weight in gold as far as giving ideas and setting goals for long-term financial stability.
The training gave me hope and inspiration.
I’ve become more confident in my planning with respect to money matters. I am aware of opportunities I thought weren’t possible before, and I am planning ahead.

Successful completion of the My Money Works class also meets one of the requirements for the Rainy Day Savings program, a matched-savings program that enables eligible individuals and families to double their savings with a matching grant of up to $300 for emergency expenses, as well as requirements for the Family Development Account program, a 4:1 matched-savings program. Eligible households with a minor child may choose to save for vehicle purchase or repair, emergency savings, or home purchase or repair.

New Ventures Maine helps Maine people find success in their jobs, businesses and communities through tuition-free classes and workshops, on-site and online, and one-on-one coaching in four program areas: Build a Career, Start a Business, Manage your Money, Become a Leader. New Ventures Maine is administered by the University of Maine at Augusta and operates out of 10 offices statewide. For more information and to find classes around the state, see newventuresmaine.org or call 1-800-442-2092.

To register for My Money Works, or with questions, contact Melinda at Melinda.wildes@maine.edu or 593-7942. For online registration, find us at New VenturesMaine.org

No comments:

Post a Comment