Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

Video: Zola Wins World Championship Boatyard Dog Trials 2017

Rockland, Maine - Back on Sunday, August 13th, 2017, Zola won the World Championship Boatyard Dog Trials apart of Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors show in Rockland, Maine.

About Zola:
Homeport: Cushing, Maine
“I’m Super Zola!”

Hey everyone at the 15th Annual World Championship Boatyard Dog® Trials (that’s a mouthful of barks): I’m a bird! I’m a plane! I’m Super Zola!!

Not to brag, but I’m pretty Super!! Very Charming!! And full of Spunk and Spirit!! Just ask me!!
I am a 2.5-year-old Labrador retriever. I live with my people on Pleasant Point Gut in Cushing. The Gut is also my swimming hole, where I entertain the lobstermen by fearlessly flying off the float to retrieve my tennis balls. If the wind kicks up or the tide is rough and takes my ball away from me, I can usually find it hiding out under Danny Staples’s wharf or stuck to the bottom of his skiff.

Sometimes he even brings one back to me. You could say that he’s my “Ball Boy”!!

I love to scale the rocks and boulders along the shoreline of the gut, which almost always lands me in trouble with my people. That’s because low tide is the best time to go exploring and I usually come home all stinky and muddy. I just can’t help myself….

I want to compete in the Boatyard Dog® Trials so I can strut my stuff in and out of the water in front of an adoring crowd (you’re gonna love me!) and give my Cushing friends and family a dog to cheer for! I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment